Friday, July 25, 2014

I Will Not Die an Unlived Life: Reclaiming Passion and Purpose

I Will Not Die an Unlived Life: Reclaiming Passion and PurposeI Will Not Live an Unlived Life: Reclaiming Passion and Purpose by Dawna Markova
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"It is not the events in our lives that determine who we become, but the meaning we choose to place on those events." - Victor Frankl

I have read this book three times, and I always walk away both centered and inspired. One woman's simple exploration of what her life means, Markova experiences it all; trials, joys, the bitter with the sweet, and shares her journey to living a life of passion and purpose. I found it inspiring and, in a weird way, calming. It was a reminder that I can have exactly what I want out of life, and to slow down and appreciate what I have.

She designs an acronym for LIVE to guide her when she is at a crossroads in life:
L: What do I love?
I: What are my inner gifts and talents?
V: What do I value?
E: What are the environments that bring out the best in me?
In doing so, she stays true to her personal path. Part self-help, part memoir, Markova lays her soul bare for the reader, and reminds you to look at the good and move towards the life you want.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment