Friday, July 25, 2014

Taken (Taken #1)

Taken (Taken, #1)Taken by Erin Bowman
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Every boy in the village disappears on his 18th birthday, leaving the women to sustain and run society. No one understands why, but accepts it. Their world is surrounded by a large wall, and if you climb it to escape, your charred body is returned for burial. Sounds interesting, right?

It started off with so much promise, but failed to deliver. Evil masterminds, righteous underdogs, and star-crossed lovers. All of the ingredients I usually love. In the interest of avoiding spoilers, I will just say the characters didn't resonate with me, and the big mystery fell flat. I can't put my finger on what was missing for me, but I don't think I will read the other books in the Taken series. That's how little I care about what happens next. Sorry book, I wanted to love you, but I didn't. I'm sure it's not you; it's me. No hard feelings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment