Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Independent Study (The Testing #2)

Independent Study (The Testing, #2)Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Independent Study follows Cia Vale as she progresses through University and is selected for her major which dictates what she will do following graduation. We are introduced to some new characters as she is assigned to her house and we uncover more of the mystery of what the government is hiding. Cia is still a Mary Sue. Everyone loves her, she is the smartest, the bravest, and she solves problems. She's clearly being set up to be the next leader of the land; the savior they have been waiting for. We don't get enough Tomas in this book. He's barely a player and I find myself wondering what is going though his head as the events unfold for Cia. What does his initiation look like? How is he feeling about University, the government, and the aftermath of the testing? I need to know more--he keeps me from hating on Cia.

Overall, a solid second installment in the series. If you enjoyed the first book, you will continue to enjoy the second. I'll definitely read Graduation Day to see how it all pans out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment