Sunday, January 31, 2016

Review: The Air He Breathes

The Air He Breathes The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I rarely read New Adult, and I rarely read contemporary romance. Not my genres.

I have been going back and forth on my review and rating for a few days, and I think I'm landing on 3 solid stars. I really wanted to give it 4 stars. I liked how the relationship slowly unfolded, and I like the realistic grief each of them seemed to feel. I haven't been through this, thank goodness, but it seemed like how a person should react. But you lost me with the twist ending. If this had been a story about grief and two people coming together while they are falling apart, that would have been enough. In fact, it might have been a 4-star read for me, cheesy feathers and all. But the parts with Tanner ruined the 4th star for me. We could have kept a simply lovely tear-jerker without that added layer, so I'm back to 3 stars and a handful of tissues because I got something in my eye at the end of the book. I think it was a white feather. Stop judging me!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment