Saturday, January 2, 2016

Review: The Magicians (The Magicians #1)

The Magicians The Magicians by Lev Grossman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Brakebills. It's like Hogwarts, but for college students. And less fun.

Quentin, who grew up obsessed with the magical land of Fillory (*Narnia*), is suddenly whisked into Brakebills College to develop his unknown skills in magic. Quentin is a magician--not the greatest wizard who ever lived, but he seems to do a fair job once he's had some training. But he's insufferable and I hate him. He is the poster child for poor decisions. Every time I thought I couldn't hate him more, he does another bone-headed thing. Seriously, dude. You are the worst.

But the story is ok enough for me to give it 3 stars. Mostly for Alice, but also because I stuck with it through the end. And because I'm a masochist and I already bought it, I will read book 2.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment