Saturday, January 9, 2016

Classic Challenge

What classics will you read in 2016?

Every year I try to read at least one classic per month*.  Most of them are classics for a reason--they have stood the test of time and continue to be loved and discussed, debated and analyzed.  A few have left me fulfilled, some have left me teary-eyed, and some have changed my world view.  The wonderful thing about classics is you could read every day for a year and barely make a dent in the top classics of all time.  

For reference, I am working my way through "Must Read Classics", a listopia on Goodreads.  There are so many places to start if you are wondering what to read, or where to start.  Like I always say, just read.  It doesn't matter what you read--it will all shape and change you.  

My 2016 classics list.  All are tagged as classics on Goodreads.  Some overlap with my 2016 Bucket List, because I am efficient.  And all are ones I have on my "to be read" list.  What's on your list this year?

My 2016 Classic Challenge
January: Frankenstein
March: Tess of the D'Urbervilles
May: Jane Eyre
June: Rebecca
July: The Handmaid's Tale
August: North and South
September: The Three Musketeers
October: Memoirs of a Geisha
November: Emma
December: Gone with the Wind

*This doesn't include my Agatha Christie list, as she is one of my all-time favorite authors and I am working my way through reviewing all of her books.  To keep up on my Christie Capers, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment