Friday, January 29, 2016

Review: The Peril and the Prince

The Peril and the Prince The Peril and the Prince by Barbara Cartland
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Dame Barbara veers off of her typical path and adds some spy intrigue to her game. You go, girl!

Now, since it's my old friend Barbara you still get the heroine with the stilted, ridiculous speech and fluttering eyelids. The woman can't write any other way. And the love interest is bossy and overbearing, but makes our heroine's virgin heart go pitter-pat regardless. We get the exotic settings of castles and trains in Hungary and Russia, and some undercover spy work that will never be confused with James Bond, but is still fun.

Barbara cranked them out and I keep reading them. I have no one to blame but myself. 2 1/2 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment