Thursday, May 10, 2018

Review: I Thought It Was Just Me: Women Reclaiming Power and Courage in a Culture of Shame

I Thought It Was Just Me: Women Reclaiming Power and Courage in a Culture of Shame I Thought It Was Just Me: Women Reclaiming Power and Courage in a Culture of Shame by Brené Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Brené Brown helps make sense of things that are floating around in my head and heart. Let's be honest: culturally, women have challenges in how they view themselves, their careers, and life in general. Sometimes we feel shame when we absolutely should not. She encourages all of us to change our perspective and our lives by changing our inner dialogue.

If you haven't read anything by her, I encourage you to do so. Her books are messages of empowerment. She encourages people to take control of their lives, take responsibility, and to not be a victim. I love it. My first exposure to Brené was The Gifts of Imperfection. Being a very imperfect being, it really resonated with me. She hands you some real talk, like that best friend who always tells you the truth. You might be a little butt-hurt afterwards, but you appreciate the honesty and you know it's true deep inside.

I always take away a change of perspective after finishing one of her books. 4 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment