Thursday, May 3, 2018

Review: O is for Outlaw

O is for Outlaw O is for Outlaw by Sue Grafton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Kinsey, girl, one of the things I love about you is that you never change. You are still hanging out with Henry, running 3 miles a day, and taking risky chances. You say the wrong things and have no finesse. You are my fictional BFF.

This time we get a deep look at Kinsey's first marriage to Mickey Magruder. She was young, he was older, they were both cops, and it really sounded like a unhealthy relationship from start to finish. Not that Kinsey has a strong track record in that area, although I did like Dietz. But I digress. Anyway, Mickey has been shot. He's in a coma, and while he can't point the finger at anyone in that state, the cops come knocking on Kinsey's door because a gun registered to her was found at the scene. And that's all it takes to get Kinsey to stick her nose into the past, no matter how tightly she had it all packed away.

Lots of good insights into Kinsey's life before she became a PI, and the story kept a good balance between the past and the present. I always enjoy my adventures with her. 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment