Saturday, July 7, 2018

Review: Break In

Break In Break In by Dick Francis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another winner by Dick Francis. He never lets me down.

This one introduces us to Kit Fielding, champion steeplechase jockey. He's a fantastic everyman, like Francis writes so well. A good man who loves horses, justice, and his friends and family. He's brave (not to a fault like my boy Sid Halley, but still brave) and doesn't hesitate to do what needs to be done for his sister. While I am a bit lukewarm on Danielle, I love the Princess and understand why Kit is so taken with her. She's fantastic.

Read this one before you read book 2, naturally, or you won't care as much about what is happening in Kit's life. I wish Francis had written more about Kit, but sadly we only get 2 books. A good mystery and good racing. 3.5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment