Sunday, July 1, 2018

Review: Riding to the Moon

Riding to the Moon Riding to the Moon by Barbara Cartland
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

A new low by Dame Barbara. What a stinker of a plot.

We have the lovely Indira, fresh from India and the death of her father. She's perfect in every way, naturally. Cartland's stuttering heroines are written the same way. Throw in men who can't help but fall in love with her, hidden identities, ruthless villains, and a dash of Eastern mysticism, and you've got yourself a party, folks. But one that you don't really want to attend but a friend makes you go, and you stand in the corner counting the minutes until you can leave. Plus the food is terrible.

The real high point was the sexist steeplechase, and that isn't saying much. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I have no real excuse for doing this to myself, except I enjoy complaining about the plots afterwards. 1 star.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment