Monday, September 24, 2018

Review: The Cutting Season

The Cutting Season The Cutting Season by Attica Locke
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Oh, book, I wanted so badly to love you. You came highly recommended, and, on the surface, checked all of my book love boxes. Two mysteries for the price of one. One in the present, one in the past. Historical storyline interwoven with the modern day. A grisly murder. Plenty of suspects. Add in some racial tensions, economic divides and family baggage and you would think this book would be my jam.

Sadly, I was just a bit underwhelmed, and held a vague dislike for Caren throughout the entire book. I wanted to like her. I should have liked her. But I didn't. I liked the modern day mystery but I wanted a different ending. I would have pursued it, Caren. But I'm not a quitter like you. 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment