Saturday, September 8, 2018

Review: The Secret of Skeleton Island

The Secret of Skeleton Island The Secret of Skeleton Island by Robert Arthur
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Jupe, Pete, and Bob are on their way to a movie set to catch a ghost and search for treasure. Oh, and do a little scuba diving, too. Why can't I be one of the Three Investigators?

Pete's dad is connected. I think that's how they met Alfred Hitchcock, right? Anyway, these boys have a pretty decent life regardless. They are headed from sunny California to the East Coast to play in the Atlantic, the land of the pirates. Gar! Throw in some period-appropriate racism, an armored car heist, and some general villainy, and you've got yourselves a mystery, folks.

The mystery is a little loose, as usual, but I enjoyed it. Someday I will finish reviewing all of these books so you don't have to. 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment