Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Review: The Mystery of the Silver Spider

The Mystery of the Silver Spider The Mystery of the Silver Spider by Robert Arthur
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The boys are off to Europe to go undercover. It's as ridiculous as you might expect.

Lame plot about Jupe, Bob, and Pete who inexplicably make friends with a young Prince in a near-miss fender bender. They bond immediately and are invited to the coronation festivities, compliments of our deus ex machina, Mr. Hitchcock. Lots of silliness, climbing up and down the sides of buildings, hiding out, and silver spiders. Throw in a dose of 1970's amnesia as a plot device and you've got a hot mess of a stew going, baby.

I usually love these books but this one misses the mark for me. I'll continue reading through the series so you don't have to. Only 2 stars but I still love you, boys.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment