Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Review: The Shoemaker's Wife

The Shoemaker's Wife The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was a lovely journey from the mountains of Italy to life as an immigrant in the United States. I loved it.

Chiro and Enza are star-crossed lovers. They meet in tragedy and sorrow, meet again and circumstances and time continue to keep them apart, until it is right. I'm a sucker for a good story, rich in history, complicated relationships, and deep family ties. This book was like unwrapping a lovely gift. I listened to the audio, and really enjoyed it. In fact, I'm still thinking about this story. It's that good.

A tearjerker for me, and I highly recommend it for people who love history and love. If you don't like those things, you won't like this one. 4.5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment