Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Review: Accidentally Compromising the Duke

Accidentally Compromising the Duke Accidentally Compromising the Duke by Stacy Reid
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

New author for me. I wasn't disappointed. I'll happily dive into the next one.

A common trope employed here - a mistaken identity, discovered in the wrong room in a compromising situation. Adeline is left with few options, and the Duke (who she accidentally compromised, haha) offers to do the right thing and marry her. Man, it is SUCH a good thing I live 200 years in the future, because I would not be a good society girl. Anyway, I digress. Edmund is a widower and he has built a fortress around his heart. But he seems to be a good dad (I liked this little twist - my heroes rarely come with a ready-made family) and Adel is a wonderful person and does her best with her weird insta-marriage.

A couple of things kept me from taking this from 3.5 to 4. It felt rushed, and we had a million mentions of other characters but really didn't get to know anyone. I wanted another hundred pages of story to really feel that connection to the 2 MCs. But in the end it all wrapped up in a pretty bow to give me the HEA I crave, so I still enjoyed it. 3.5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment