Monday, November 12, 2018

Review: Tears of the Giraffe

Tears of the Giraffe Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Back to Botswana I go, to hang out with my favorite lady detective, Precious Ramotswe. I was not disappointed.

This time our cases cover infidelity, a missing young man, and a shady maid (Mr. JLB Matekoni's maid, no less!). Precious solves them all with common sense and solid deductive reasoning skills plus a keen understanding of human nature. My friend Grace Makutsi gets a chance to be a junior detective, and she does pretty well for her first time out. You go, girl. Plus we get more insight into Mr. JLB's life and he makes a shocking decision to adopt two orphans before consulting his fiancée, Precious. It's cool, JLB. She's got enough love in her heart for everyone, as you might expect.

Really enjoying this series. 3.5 stars.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment