Saturday, November 3, 2018

Review: Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord

Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord by Sarah MacLean
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Marshmallow warning! I kinda loved this book. Not sure I loved it quite enough to bump it to 4 stars, but it's a very solid 3.5.

Building on the awesome first book in the series, this time we follow Gabriel's brother, Nicholas. Nick is pretty swoon-worthy, to be sure. Just the right balance of strong and caring. And we get Isabel, who is unconventional and smart, and oh so independent (I love this kind of heroine best). Nick is tracking a heiress who has disappeared. He and his fantastic sidekick, Rock, come across Isabel and her friends on their search and we are off to the races! Sparks fly, banter is exchanged, and they slip into love rather quickly, but hey, that's how it goes in historical romance. You throw in the misunderstanding / obstacle that has to be there, and then we gallop right to the HEA. You knew it was coming, because I live for the HEA.

Now I've talked myself right into a 4 star rating, because I am feeling particularly marshmallowy today and my review, my rules. Read it, but read the first one first, naturally.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment