Friday, November 16, 2018

Review: One Dance with a Duke

One Dance with a Duke One Dance with a Duke by Tessa Dare
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

I started out lukewarm on Spencer, but he won me over in the end. But even if he didn't, I would read the next one because I adore Tessa Dare.

While I'm reading, I'm always assigning a star rating in my head. Is this enjoyable enough for 3 stars? Is it creeping into 4? Is it dropping into 2 star territory? I must admit, for most of the book I was giving this one a solid 3 stars. But, you see, I'm a sucker for a flawed hero. I like them to have rough edges and things to work on. Perfection is boring. The same for my heroines. I want them to be smart and unconventional. I like it when they are coming into the relationship after being "put on the shelf" so to speak, and walk into things with their eyes wide open. Amelia is like that. A little stronger and less ridiculous than some, but Spencer was a little more ridiculous than others so they balanced out.

We have a spinster who has been overlooked, and a Duke who has no interest in marrying. Accidentally in love? You betcha. The best kind. They spar, they kiss, they tackle misunderstandings and obstacles and come out the other side with a love match. Honestly, it's the only kind of book I want, folks. Gotta have that HEA.

I'm still a marshmallow and loved the ending and little plot twist that got us there. 4 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment