Sunday, March 17, 2019

Review: Ace of Hearts

Ace of Hearts Ace of Hearts by Barbara Metzger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was just ok...but I'm going to round up to 3 stars because I did enjoy some of the crazier aspects of it (the mad aunt, for sure, the goose, for another).

Ace is running from love, and this is part of the ridiculousness of the plot. Really, dude, grow up. Tell the millions of paramours you have that you can't commit. Oh, wait, but you can when you find the right person, who just happens to be your cousin, or not.

The plot is silly but I did enjoy how Ace stuck with Nellie once he figured out she is his true love. The side plot nonsense about the missing sister never quite landed and I hope they get more detailed in the next book.

2.5 stars, but rounding up to 3, because I'm feeling nice today.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment