Sunday, March 17, 2019

Review: Travels with Charley: In Search of America

Travels with Charley: In Search of America Travels with Charley: In Search of America by John Steinbeck
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved this book. Can't believe I waited so long to read it. What's not to love? John Steinbeck, traveling around the country in a camper with his dog. Meeting people, seeing the country. It's like my life's dream. To just vagabond around and explore the US.

Steinbeck touches on some topics that are still relevant today - racism, acceptance, and how it is ok to think differently as long as you allow others to have their own thoughts, too. It's amazing how much things can change in a country, yet still stay the same. I'm not sure if that would make Steinbeck happy or sad. Maybe a little of both.

If you enjoy travel, dogs, interesting stories about people, places, and things, or just good writing, you will enjoy this classic.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment