Friday, March 22, 2019

Review: A Kiss for the King

A Kiss for the King A Kiss for the King by Barbara Cartland
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Amazingly, I am rating this book 3 stars. Don't get me wrong, it has typical Cartland nonsense in it. But either I'm in a decent mood or it's better than some of the rest, because I didn't want to throw my book a single time.

I think it's because the main character, Anastasia, is smart and a decent human being. So many of Dame Barbara's heroines are weak, wilting flowers with barely two brain cells to rub together. It's nice when there is a smart, confident woman in the story. She's surrounded by dummies (her mom is the worst) but it made the story bearable.

3 surprised stars. I'm sure the next one will be a huge stinker, though. Hey, when you churn out 800 romance novels in your lifetime, the majority of them have to suck.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment