Saturday, August 9, 2014

J is for Judgment (Kinsey Millhone #10)

J is for Judgment (Kinsey Millhone, #10)J is for Judgment by Sue Grafton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

More Kinsey goodness in book 10. This one takes an interesting turn because it is less about what happened and more about how and why. Kinsey is hired by her old firm, California Fidelity, to investigate a case involving insurance fraud. We find out early on that Wendall Jaffe faked his death and is relaxing in sunny Mexico. And in an odd twist of fate, she finds out that she has a family she didn't know about an hour away. In typical Kinsey fashion, she in angry at her "forever alone" state being disrupted. We barely touch on what she will do, so I'm sure we will revisit this issue in later mysteries.

This mystery was well-plotted, and what I thought would happen actually didn't. Grafton surprised me at the ending, yet vaguely dissatisfied that no justice was served. Or at least what I feel would be justice in this case.

Oh, and I loved the whole balcony scene in Mexico. Funny stuff.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment