Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Some Enchanted Evening (Lost Princesses #1)

Some Enchanted Evening (Lost Princesses, #1)Some Enchanted Evening by Christina Dodd
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The first book in a trilogy. Fairly enjoyable; I might read the others.

Clarice is a princess without a country. She is exile with her little sister, hiding from those intent on taking her country and removing her grandmother from power. She is the second sister of three, and travels around peddling beauty products to young ladies throughout the UK. Undercover (so to speak), she calls herself a princess but doesn't say where she is from, which seems strange to me, but I will let it go. Classic historical romance hero Robert not only ferrets out who she really is, but also falls madly, deeply in love with her. Nothing new with the storyline from other novels of the type, but I did find it an amusing way to pass the afternoon.

What saved it for me was the last chapter and the epilogue. It took it from "meh" to "maybe I will read the other two." What can I say, I'm a sucker for "happily ever after."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment