Thursday, February 12, 2015

Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness

Brain on Fire: My Month of MadnessBrain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


If I am ever acting crazy, please go find Susannah Cahalan's doctor before checking me into a mental institution.

This is an interesting story of one woman's journey into a world of misdiagnosis, disease, and madness. Part medical mystery, part memoir, part cautionary tale, you get a unique perspective into her illness and recovery. I was left thinking about how many patients are misdiagnosed and assumed to be mentally ill when they really have a curable disease. Very scary to consider. Also, her boyfriend and family should be considered for sainthood. It was hard on all of them but they didn't give up. Good people, right there.

And seriously, if I am not acting like myself, make sure I don't have encephalitis. I can't stress this enough.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment