Friday, February 20, 2015

The Hills of Tuscany: A New Life in an Old Land

The Hills of Tuscany: A New Life in an Old LandThe Hills of Tuscany: A New Life in an Old Land by Ferenc Máté

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Ah, Tuscany! I love you so. I have armchair traveled there many times, and will visit in person someday.

I loved reading about how one couple relocated to a small village in Tuscany and learned to live among the locals. I read with jealousy how they simplified their lives and settled into the slower routine. I would love to be able to do something similar someday. Whenever I read about Tuscany, something pulls at my soul. Having no Italian blood in my heritage, I find it odd, so it must be my soul was there in a previous iteration of life. Hunting truffles, gathering the grape harvest, sharing food and drink with friends. Tending my garden and reading books. This sounds like the perfect life. Obviously the author has a different financial and family situation than I do, so I will patiently save up for a trip while he jet-sets around the globe. Jealous. Good for you, sir, good for you.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment