Thursday, April 2, 2015

In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad #1)

In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1)In the Woods by Tana French

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Solid start to a new crime series for me, but the ending left me both scratching my head and anxious to start book two. Well played, Tana French. The mystery spans two timelines; both past and present.

Past: Twelve-year-old Adam Ryan was playing in the woods behind his suburban Dublin home with his two best friends when they both disappeared without a trace. A bloody, traumatized Ryan is found in the woods with no memories of what happened.

Present: An archaeological dig in those same woods finds the team stumbling upon the body of a murdered young girl. Are the cases related? Will Ryan regain his memories? Will either case really be solved? Lots of twists and turns and red herrings like you would expect in a mystery series.

I liked the detectives on the case and I am curious which ones will be featured in book two. I will definitely continue on with this one.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment