Monday, April 27, 2015

Little Women

Little WomenLittle Women by Louisa May Alcott

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Ah, Little Women. I did not quite realize it when I read you many years ago, but I am the Jo of my family. Tomboyish, hot-tempered, geeky. Unladylike, swearing, opinionated. Clumsy--I would be the one to burn my dress, spill things on me, and not be asked to dance. I love books more than socializing. And I have three wonderful sisters.

This book is a charming return to my childhood, and I had the treat of viewing it through the lens of life experiences this time around. I didn't understand Jo's romantic choices when I was young, but I completely understand now. I would have done the same thing. I won't spoil you if you haven't read it already, but if you have, which Marsh sister are you?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment