Monday, April 13, 2015

The Beekeeper's Apprentice (Mary Russell #1)

The Beekeeper's Apprentice (Mary Russell, #1)The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I adore everything about this book! Sherlock Holmes has finally met his match in young Mary Russell.

I simply love Mary. Her independence, her awkwardness, her ability to be ok in her own skin despite, or perhaps because of, her tragedy. I love Holmes. I love how he stays somewhat true to character but softened by time and retirement. And I love Mrs. Hudson. She's the best.

It's a different take on Sherlock Holmes, but still a fun, engaging mystery. You will find yourself rooting for Mary as she grows over the years, and the little adventures throughout showed how their partnership grows over time. One of my favorite series. I can't wait to read more.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment