Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern (Cat Who...#2)

The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern (Cat Who..., #2)The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern by Lilian Jackson Braun

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Hop in my time machine back to 1967. A place where you don't have cell phones, the internet, and it's perfectly acceptable to smoke a pipe. People still read newspapers to get their news. Meet Jim Qwilleran, old-time investigative reporter now taking on the interior designer beat. Meet Koko, Siamese cat and crime fighter. Together they stick their noses where they don't belong and save the day. And in the end, they bring pretty lady Yum Yum into the family and everyone is happy.

These books are dated, for sure. But I like Qwill and his crime fighting kitties. I read these books back in the early '90s and while the mystery is simplistic they are still an enjoyable hour or two diversion. I think the series really hits its stride when Qwill relocates to Moose County, so if you start at the beginning, stick with it. There are lots of books in the series if you like it. Cute and harmless.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment