Saturday, July 11, 2015

A Charming Spell (Magical Cures Mystery #4)

A Charming Spell (Magical Cures Mystery, #4)A Charming Spell by Tonya Kappes

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I know I said I was done with this series, but apparently I am a glutton for punishment. Plus I own books 4 and 5, so I guess I need to finish up what I have.

June is inexplicably still village president with absolutely no qualifications for the position and is doing the job you would expect. Oliver is still missing his memory of June and the magical world. Why did we hit the reset button in book 3? Oh, right, because the plot wasn't working. Anyway, June is still incompetent, and self-centered, and eating those damn Ding Dongs. And sticking her nose in everyone's business. I can take annoying from my characters. What I can't take is stupidity. She makes bad decisions, puts herself and other in danger, and is consistently selfish. She lost me completely when she chose to pick on Oliver's new girlfriend. Very "Mean Girls", and is the perfect example of why June is a bad character. I pretty much hate her at this point.

Aside from the atrocities of the plot and characters, these books are riddled with typos and grammatical errors that are unforgivable and make the books read like a high school writing project. The dialogue is stilted and amateurish, and the plots are inane. Don't waste your time and money on this series--there are much better options out there.

P.S. Every time I had to read, "Hidden Hall A Spiritualist University" (which was about 100 times) I wanted to gouge my eyes out. The name is stupid and you don't need to write out the full name every. damn. time.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment