Saturday, July 11, 2015

Born with Teeth

Born with TeethBorn with Teeth by Kate Mulgrew

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Captain Janeway is my favorite Starfleet captain, so when I saw this book I knew I had to read it. Kate Mulgrew has lead an interesting life. Impulsive, a bit crazy. Pretty much what you would imagine an actress's life to be like.

She shares the stories of her childhood, stories of getting stared as a young actress, and stories of her marriage and family. Entertaining and interesting, but I feel like it was very surface. While she let us catch glimpses of her world, she didn't actually let us in. Even during her story of giving her daughter up for adoption, a heart wrenching tale, she kept the reader at arm's length. The ending was abrupt, as well, and I actually thought I was missing chapters in my book at first.

I was expecting more, but enjoyed what I read. 3 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment