Friday, July 10, 2015

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds #1)

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


We enter a world where the youth either die at puberty or develop amazing powers. Once you develop powers, the government is coming to get you and put you in a camp. To rehabilitate you. Right? Trust your government. But no! You are now too dangerous, and you must either be locked up, or die. The choice is yours.

Ruby develops her power at the age of 10, and off to the camp she goes. How it happened and what she can do with her power will be unfolded along the way. We also get a prison break, road trip, and buddy comedy. Plus love. Because it wouldn't be young adult dystopian without it. The side characters are decent and you might find you are more attached to them than fearless Ruby, but I'll leave that to you to decide.

So much here that I wanted to love! But in the end, I rated it 3 stars. I liked it, but didn't fall in love with it. I will continue to the next book to see where this is all going.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment