Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Letter of Mary (Mary Russell #3)

A Letter of Mary (Mary Russell, #3)A Letter of Mary by Laurie R. King

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I love everything about this series. Holmes and Russell are my favorite duo of all time.

Mary is the perfect balance for the arrogant aging Holmes. She is independent, and intelligent, and very secure in her own skin. She's truly one of my favorite characters ever. You get the cleverness you expect from Sherlock Holmes, but with a new twist that makes Holmes more human, and more likable.

In this one, the newly married Russell and Holmes are visited by an old friend who leaves them with an artifact of dubious provenance. It's the perfect blend of theology and mystery to get the couple on the case when their friend is killed. Along the way we get time with my favorite brother Mycroft and Inspector Lestrade, and the quartet works together to unwind the clues and bring the killers to justice. A solid 3 1/2 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment