Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Perfume Collector

The Perfume CollectorThe Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


After a slow start, I found myself captivated by this book.

It's a story about the power of life's choices. It's a story of love, of sacrifice, and of family. But at it's core it is the story of how two women's lives are intertwined, and how the past catches up with the future.

I also found myself intrigued about the process of capturing scents to make perfume. I have never been a big perfume person but after reading this book I want to run out and find a scent that really speaks to me. Or, better yet, have someone create a scent especially for me. An extravagance, to be sure, but the book made it seem so special.

Overall, an interesting piece of historical fiction. 4 stars.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment