Sunday, July 12, 2015

A Wicked Snow

A Wicked SnowA Wicked Snow by Gregg Olsen

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book was like a see-saw to me. Back and forth, up and down. At first it was boring and confusing. Then it sucked me in and I thought it was great. Then back to boring and drawn-out, then exciting, then implausible, and then...the end.

The mystery was pretty solid and could have been fantastic with different characters. Parts of the plot were not necessary or even cohesive, but the idea and setting were interesting. My main beef with this book were the characters. No one was particularly likable and I found myself with no one to root for, no one to care for, and this is a problem when you should be emotionally tied to the main characters and hoping they live. Overall I was let down and while the ending was intriguing it didn't make up for the rest of the plot. More like 2 3/4 stars, but I'll give it a 3 because of the ending.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment