Saturday, February 10, 2018

Review: Before We Were Yours

Before We Were Yours Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a pleasant surprise! I went into this book knowing nothing but it was recommended to me by friends. And they were right. Of course.

It hits all the right boxes for me. Historical fiction, check. Family drama, check. A dash of romance, check. We meet a family living on the river near Memphis during the Great Depression. The unthinkable happens, and then happens again, and the family is torn apart. We alternate between past and present, and you get to see the mystery of what happened unfold slowly, yet mostly satisfyingly. Not all questions are answered, and since this is based on true happenings in Memphis in the 1930s-1950s, not everything should be tied up with a bow at the end.

Highly recommend. 4 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment