Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Review: I Scream, You Scream

I Scream, You Scream I Scream, You Scream by Wendy Lyn Watson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

We get it. You live in Texas. I've lived there, and it's not that great. Calm down.

Welcome to Dalliance, Texas. Did I mention this book is set in Texas? Because it isn't going to let you forget it. And then you will be forced to read so many trite Southern-type sayings. Because if you live in a small town in Texas, you talk like it. Tallulah, who everyone calls Tally, is newly divorced and owns an ice cream shop called "Remember the A-La-Mode". It's clever, I'll give you that. It made me chuckle. Sadly, Tally did not. She was the queen of bad decisions and not thinking things through. Super annoying. But her bad boy high school sweetheart is back in town, and of course sparks fly. He seems way too good for Tally. And Tally's ex seems just as dumb as she is, so I can see why they were married for 17 years. Oh, and if you like pages and pages of descriptions of stupid things like carpeting, drapes, and shoes, you will love this book. Seriously, if you removed the dumb sayings and descriptions this book would be a novella.

Anyway, I didn't want to throw the book across the room at the end, so I am giving it 2 stars instead of 1. It was only ok because of Finn Harper, a shining light in a dim town.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment