Monday, August 27, 2018

Review: Hearse and Buggy

Hearse and Buggy Hearse and Buggy by Laura Bradford
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not too bad. I mean, I'm not packing up to move to Heavenly or anything, but I will read the next one.

Claire Weatherly gets out of a bad marriage and moves to her aunt's bed and breakfast in Heavenly, Pennsylvania, an Amish community. She opens a shop selling Amish artisan products, and life seems to be pretty good. But then her Amish neighbors who run the bakery start getting harassed, there are a couple of past scandals that seem to come into play, and in the midst of it all, murder. Hey, it's a cozy. We have to have a mystery, people. It's pretty true to the cozy formula. Amateur detective with quirky job who solves the crime. A dash of romance/love triangle. And colorful characters.

Decently written even though it was pretty obvious who the killer was, I will definitely read the next book in the series. 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment