Thursday, August 16, 2018

Review: The Selection

The Selection The Selection by Kiera Cass
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

How have I not reviewed this book before? I've read the series at least three times.

Welcome to Illea, formerly the United States after some craziness with China, debt, and some details that aren't really fleshed out in this book. Young Prince Maxon needs to select a bride, and the Selection is how his mother and father were married so hey, let's keep this antiquated idea rolling, folks! It worked like 20 years ago, so let's try again. P.S. it's a huge distraction for the country, because every province gets to send one girl, and it's a random lottery...or is it? And the country is experiencing some issues, so let's launch a reality show.

Throw in a caste system that makes my blood boil, rebels with a cause, and nonstop cat fights and you've got yourself a whopper of a YA dystopian love story. Oh, what's that? You can't live without a love triangle? Well, you are in luck, my friend, because that nonsense is here in spades. Can't wait to hear if you are #TeamMaxon or #TeamAspen. I'm #TeamAmerica, because this girl needs to run the country on her own.

3.5 stars, but it's probably unfair since I keep coming back to read it again. I'll leave it there because I do roll my eyes through most of the book, but I still love it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment