Saturday, August 18, 2018

Review: A Thousand Days in Venice: An Unexpected Romance

A Thousand Days in Venice: An Unexpected Romance A Thousand Days in Venice: An Unexpected Romance by Marlena de Blasi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ah, Venice! You sound so lovely. Someday I will visit you with my love.

Marlena de Blasi grabbed life by the horns and left the US to marry a man she barely knew. Girl, you are brave and impetuous. You are out of control. They have some issues, for sure. Who wouldn't? But she is bold and they make it through...all in the beautiful world of Italy.

Do I recommend you marry a total stranger and uproot your life to a new country? No, but I do recommend you read this book, then go do something brave yourself. Follow your dreams. Treat yo'self. Really live! Life is short, and Marlena de Blasi seems to grasp this better than others.

3 stars and a re-read for me. I love travel memoirs!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment