Saturday, March 31, 2018

Review: The Madman’s Daughter

The Madman’s Daughter The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Having never read The Island of Dr. Moreau, I went into this very blind. It was not my usual fare, but it was pretty good. Especially if you like love triangles, medical horror, and weirdness.

You see, Juliet is Dr Moreau's daughter. He's disappeared in disgrace and her mother went to great lengths to keep them alive and well, and once she died Juliet was on her own. A series of farfetched circumstances brings her smack into her past, and off to the island we go.

Some disturbing things happen on the island, and no one is actually safe. We get the angsty love triangle, part and parcel of the young adult genre, but I strangely don't hate it here. And an ending that wants you to pick up book 2 and keep going. I'm going to refrain, although I'm sure I'll get to it eventually. Just not today. Juliet, it's not you, it's me. Still, good enough for 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment