Friday, March 16, 2018

Review: Under Orders

Under Orders Under Orders by Dick Francis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Back in England with my good friend Sid Halley. Sid is one of my favorite investigators. Strong, flawed, and unfailing honest.

This time Sid is digging into the world of online gambling and the death of a jockey. He's got a new love interest, and I think this one is for keeps. Finally! Sid has so much bad crap happen to him that it's exciting to see him happy. We get the usual band of characters in this one, and decent dose of Charles, the ex-father-in-law and pretty much the best retired Naval officer ever. I must confess, I have a slight crush on Charles. We get to see Jenny in a different light finally. Danger abounds, and, without giving too much away, they all lived happily ever after, as they do. Or some version of it.

Standard enjoyable mystery by my good friend Dick Francis. Three solid stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment