Friday, March 30, 2018

Review: Matched

Matched Matched by Ally Condie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have had this on my shelf to read forever. I finally worked it into my reading list. It was pretty good.

It's standard fare for YA dystopian. The world isn't extremely fleshed out, though. I got to the end and was shocked there wasn't more. Yes, we have the expected cliffhanger to lead you right into book 2, but the story just seemed...lacking, maybe? You get the obligatory love triangle, of course. I didn't mind this one, though. Cassia is just discovering who she is, so she waffles, and that is ok. Ky and Xander are both good dudes, and she loves them for different reasons. Like I said, standard YA dystopian fare here, and that's ok. It hits its mark.

Enough good stuff to get me into book 2. Eventually. 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment