Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Review: Stillhouse Lake

Stillhouse Lake Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What to rate? Oh what to rate! I am so torn. I really liked it, even though I wasn't a huge fan of Gwen. I like gritty, what would you do, scary situations. I like to think, "would I do that?" She made some questionable decisions in my book, but I get it.

I stayed engaged in the mystery. I wanted to know more, and it was unwrapped a little at a time. However, there were a few too many things thrown together for my liking. A few questions left unanswered (probably to get you to read book 2). And some overly telegraphed plot points, which I won't list here for fear of spoiling you. But yes, I guessed the bad guy from the first introduction. The red herrings were not convincing enough for me, so I never suspected them at any point.

I know I sound like I didn't enjoy it, but I really did. You should read it. I'm going to land on 3.5 stars, but not sure if I'm rounding up or down yet.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment