Sunday, March 25, 2018

Review: A Test of Wills

A Test of Wills A Test of Wills by Charles Todd
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I've been waiting to start this series. While I think I like Bess Crawford more, I still enjoyed my time with Ian Rutledge.

Back from the Great War and dealing with some ghosts, Inspector Rutledge is sent to investigate a case that triggers some of his issues. He able to keep it together and eventually crack the case, though, because he's quite good at his job. I confess, I was actually surprised by the villain and didn't see it coming. If you did, good job, because it came out of left field for me.

Solid start to a new series for me. I like my men smart, strong, and a little messed up, so I'll be reading on. 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment