Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Review: And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer

And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer by Fredrik Backman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a sad, lovely book! A beautiful look at losing our parents and the process that can happen as we age. Sometimes our bodies go faster than our minds, and sometimes our minds go faster than our bodies. Both options sound scary to me.

I'm convinced I am going to live to be 114, but I don't spend time dwelling on the various ways my body might break down along the journey. I just try to live a (mostly) healthy lifestyle, do good things for the universe, and hopefully that is enough. This story brought home some of my secret fears, though, and it made me tear up a little. Not a ton, because I'm kind of prickly like that, but a few tears were shed. Nothing like A Man Called Ove. Backman got me bad with that one, but this one was emotional, too. Maybe if it was a full-length novel I would have been ruined by the end, but it was still lovely. Give yourself an hour and read this one. 4 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment