Monday, April 30, 2018

Review: Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Utterly fascinating look at what happens to our bodies after we die. As someone who is 100% behind green burials and organ donation, it opened my eyes to other options as well.

Some of you might find the subject matter gross, off-putting, or otherwise distasteful, but death is a part of life, and I really enjoyed all of the topics she covered. Mary Roach really knows how to dive into a subject and make it accessible. And as someone who really dreads flying, I especially enjoyed the plane crash section (no, really, I did). I found it somewhat comforting.

If you find yourself squeamish, maybe don't read it while you eat, ok? Especially the section on cannibalism, or body decomposition. But if that puts you off, you probably wouldn't read this book anyway. 3.5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment