Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Review: Ella, The Slayer

Ella, The Slayer Ella, The Slayer by A.W. Exley
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Oh, book, I had such high hopes for you, but alas, you fell short of expectations. Way short.

Ella, our heroine, is quite frankly not likable. I just couldn't muster up enough empathy to feel for her plight. Seth, however, I did like. He's likable. I can't fathom why he was so drawn to Ella. It must be the katana. And beyond Ella just not connecting with me, she was the queen of bad decisions. Seriously, girl, the last part of the book was just a train wreck. You know the government needs something, and you choose to not deliver. Why? No clue. You could have dispatched the vermin with your trusty katana, or you could have captured the vermin as requested, and you choose to do C) none of the above? I'm all for setting up the next book in the series, but I can't stick with this one. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. I would elaborate, but I don't want to spoil anyone. But when you get to this part of the story, you will know exactly what I am complaining about.

2 stars for Seth and Frank. Pretty much everyone who lives at the other house. They saved it from being a 1 star stinker.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment