Friday, April 13, 2018

Review: The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I might have found something to fill the Bridgerton-sized hole in my heart. Julia Quinn has quickly become one of my favorite historical romance writers. Yes, yes, I'm a marshmallow.

Miranda Cheever and her best friend, Olivia Bevelstoke, have always been 2 peas in a pod. Miranda is a part of the family, and has had a schoolgirl crush on Turner, the oldest brother, since she was 10 years old. Time passes, and Miranda is all grown up and headed to her first season. Turner, conveniently a widower, has come back to the family fold and sparks fly. At every turn, they spark, they flirt, and are like magnets, drawn together. They try their best to resist, but you know it will end in a HEA. She's smart and funny, and he's handsome and caring. A good combo, for sure.

I loved the romance, and the thoughtfulness Turner put into their relationship. It was clearly apparent to everyone but Miss Miranda and Turner how devoted he was, but in the end they all lived happily ever after.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment